Wednesday 16 July 2008

Is this as totally stupid as it sounds?

I only skim-read the following from the Huffington Post for fear of my eyes melting. Does anyone feel brave enough to give it a look and tell me if it really is as bat-shit dumbass crazy as it looks?

What it looks like, is that somewhere in the USA, a government department (or state, or whatever, as I said: skim reading) wants to let idiots define the contraceptive pill as an abortion. In a very real and law-abiding sense. I think I've ranted about similar morons before, but I never thought there was any danger of it coming true.

3 comments:

artificialhabitat said...

Fucked. Up.

You're right, it's a federal department. Which is really, really bad - as anyone who is a recipient of federal grant money would have to obey that stipulation.

Laurie said...

Sorry. My eyes melted before I got to the end. This was instigated, of course, by a Bush appointee, so I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner. I can't wait until that IDiot is out of office.

Stephen Bain said...

Hmmm. I thought I'd maybe read too much into it. I reckon if that's the way they want to go, abstinence should be defined as pre-meditated murder of a potential person.

Nutters.